Saturday, December 20, 2008

Relaxing Saturday

The children and I enjoyed a relaxing Saturday. The weekend was supposed to be jam-packed with parties of all types: 40th Birthday Party, Ladies Christmas Party, Concert and Dinner. It was an hour before we were leaving for the surprise 40th Birthday Party that Peter got "The Call." For those of you who are Believers, no, not that kind of call...yet! He was off to work "just for the evening" and I was off to a party where I would only know a hand full of people. On the way to the airport, Peter's schedule and destinations were changed three times and now we are husband-less and father-less for the weekend, but of course never in spirit or in Spirit. The Ladies Christmas Party was exactly that, only for Ladies, so the girls and I had to back out because you can't leave a 5, 4 and 1 year old alone at home while you go eat chocolate. Instead we played at the park in the 30-something degree weather, watched a Christmas movie (we are doing this as part of our advent calendar) and then jumped around/worked out to the Hillsong Kids video. Tomorrow is another story! We will leave for our usual 9am church service, stay for 11am to watch Ashley sing and then drive to PA to watch my cousin sing in her High School Christmas concert at 2pm. By the way, we have 2.5 hours to make the 2 hour drive. Please pray we make it as we cannot back out of Ashley's concert and do not want to miss Katie's. It should be a fun drive as we are taking my parents with us in the new van. Whoo-hoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We know "the call" all too well. I'm glad you had a day at home. Our big snow storms have hit on two Sundays this month trapping us at home. While I do not like missing church, it was nice to be forced to stay home and simmer down for a little. I felt less guilty about skipping church when I heard that most of our friends (who live 30 min closer to church) didn't go either because of the roads.