Saturday, July 11, 2009

We fished. We failed. We fed.

We had big plans this evening to fish, fillet and fry. Ashley caught one and decided to "pet" it for a minute when it jumped right out of her hands and back into the Bay. I held another rod and felt a big one biting. I slowly reeled it in and tugged the line only to have the hook and bait fly up and out of the water with my Mom laughing a bit in the background. It was rather funny as we both thought it must have been "Nessy." So what did we settle on you might ask? Well, fortunately I had purchased fish sticks (no laughing please) to use as our substitute for our fish tacos. We slathered corn tortillas with sour cream-cilantro sauce, laid out those crispy fish sticks, covered them with cabbage, squeezed a little lime on them, folded them over, put them to our mouths, enjoyed the flavor and watched as our tortillas fell apart leaving saucy fish sticks on our hands with our fingers as the rescuing utensils. Then we did it again. And then My Guy remembered...last time we cooked them lightly in oil and you really need to do that to corn tortillas for the flavor and for the mold-ability. But my Mom and I agree, they still tasted really good. Mom also had sushi, edamame, cole slaw and pink frosted cookies for us. Yummmmmm. Let's do it again tomorrow!

1 comment:

Leah-Joy said...

Sounds like a fun time and a great memory! My brother's know exactly how you feel. You should go to my mom's blog, streamsofjoy.blogspot.com and read her post titled, "Free to go Fishing."

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope you can soon return!

Your family looks awesome!

PS. BTW, I am Renee from Stepping Heavens cousin.