Sunday, January 20, 2008

Choose Life

Deuteronomy 30:19 NIV
This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Today is Sanctity of Life Sunday.
This morning our Pastor preached on choosing life.
In a nut shell, here is what he said:
All human life is precious to God.
The unborn, the old, the special needs
are all precious to God.
All human life is precious to God
no matter its condition or stage of development.
In our society we have called
good evil
and
evil good. (Isaiah 5:20)
We call abortion "choice."
We call adultery "an affair."
We call evil good.

Psalm 139:13-16
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and
wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

Our Lord created you. He formed you in your mother's womb and has a wonderful plan for your life! I pray today that, if you are not a believer, you would trust Him and come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. I pray that, if you are a believer, you would take a stand to choose life.

http://www.heartlink.org/beavoice/
http://www.ccel.us/Swindoll.toc.html

No comments: